26 July 2009

The Tree Named "Takhob"


This morning I move to take pictures at an area near my house, 10 walks from my house. I also use this picture to make the calendar above.

The tree in the picture named "Ta-khob" with scientific name "Flacourtia Cataphracta Roxb."




"Takhob Fruits"

Takhob is a middle-sized perennial plant. It has green round leaves and its fruits are round with sweet but astringent taste. The ripen fruits have dark red color.

Its root and wood can be used as herb with astringent taste.

Root is compounded medicine to defecate sweat (release high temperature in a body), secrete phlegm and feces.

The wood is used for healing diarrhea, dysentery and mucus from the anus.

Ta-khobs are found in flat forest or plain area.


When I was young, I remember that the gang and me always build a small tree house on Takhob tree. We also ate the fruits as they tasted sweet and they weren't poisonous.

However, we just ate for fun as its juice was too little and not enough for filling the thirsty.


Thank information of Ta-khob from http://arcbs.bsru.ac.th/local/spthai/10tkthai.pdf

The photo taken by my younger sister Nong Kung.

Thank for Thai-English dictionery of http://th.w3dictionary.org/






No comments: